STEPS TO TAKE BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOUR COUNTRY
- Apply for and receive a student visa at a Russian consulate or visa center in your home country (single-entry visa; up to 90 days duration)
- Enroll for a health insurance plan valid in Russia or decide which medical insurance to apply for in Russia
- Get a medical certificate (Download sample form ) signed and stamped by your physician in order to check into the dormitory. *Please note that general health certificate is valid for 6 months.HIV test result is valid for 3 months
- Plan to arrive in Moscow in the period of:
|Basic course:||September 23-27th, 2019|
|Intensive course:||February 1 - 10, 2020|
|English Preparatory Programme in Economics:||February 1 - 10, 2020|
- Check that your arrival date is no later than 30 days before the expiry date of your visa.
- Make sure to email International Preparation Programmes office about your arrival date
- Make sure to email International Preparation Programmes office whether you need dormitory accommodation.
- Request a buddy and get contacted by him/her
- Check directions to the HSE dormitory or any other place of accommodation.
- Make sure that you have all the necessary Enrollment documents
- Check Russian customs regulations and your airline luggage regulations
- Check the location of International Preparation Programmes office (Pokrovsky Boulevard, building 11, Korpus D, office D-601)
- Check how to get to the city from the airport (Aeroexpress trains, taxi)
- Get acquainted with the HSE University’s Internal Dormitory Regulations and Tenancy Agreement
- Check with your bank the maximum cash amount you can withdraw in Russia
- Join us on Facebook
- Check the Life in Moscow website for useful tips
- Make sure to have enough battery power on all your devices upon arrival to Moscow
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU
- Valid passport with visa
- Medical insurance +HSE health certificate signed and stamped by a physician (to check into the dormitory)
- Photocopies to have in your carry-on luggage: passport (ALL PAGES), passport visa page, copies of your enrolment documents
- HSE acceptance letter (for fee-paying students)
- 4 passport-size (3cm x 4cm) photos on a mat paper
- Contacts of your buddy
- Contacts of International Preparatory Programmes manager
- Contact details for your embassy/consulate/diplomatic mission in Russia
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.