- Entry requirements: Еlementary (A1-A2) level of Russian, completed high school education.
- Category of students: 18+
- Duration: October 2022– August 2023 (2 semesters).
- Enrollment dates: September 26 – 30, 2022.
- Final assessment: July 2023. You have an option to take the certified Test of Russian As A Foreign Language (TORFL) in leu of your final Russian language exam. Learn more here
- Tuition fee: 195,000 rubles. The fees are payable at the time of enrolment in Russian rubles in full (100%). No instalments or deferred payments.
- Dormitories are not provided. For alternative accommodation options, visit Student Housing Office
Additional costs: visa costs, accommodation, medical insurance, training materials, certified TORFL testing.
1 semester: Russian as a Foreign Language (compulsory module) – 480 class hours
2 semester: Russian as a Foreign Language (compulsory module) – 304 class hours
3 subjects in a chosen academic track (compulsory module) - 224 class hours.
You can learn more about academic track selection here.
Schedule: 5 days a week, 6-8 hours a day.
Certificate of Completion:
After completing the course, students take exams in Russian and academic track subjects. Students, who pass their exams successfully, receive Certificate of Completion. A student, who does not take final exams or fails at least one exam during the final assessment, is not eligible to receive a certificate of completion. In this case a student will receive the signed and stamped reference letter issued on HSE University official letterhead with the total number of hours taken and grades received, if any.
Depending on the selected faculty and program, successful graduates of the HSE Prep Year programmes may be eligible to a-50% tuition fee discount on their further studies in HSE University full-degree programmes.