How to Apply
Study for free
Students who receive Russian government scholarships can study in the preparatory programme for free if they do not know Russian language well enough to enrol in a Russian-taught full-degree programme. It is only possible to apply for full-tuition scholarships only through their local Rossotrudnichestvo branch. You can find more information here.
Enrol in fee-paying programmes
International students may also apply to enrol in fee-paying preparatory programmes.
The following programmes are offered:
1. HSE International Preparatory Programmes in Russian. The programmes are designed for international students who are planning to enter a Russian-taught full-degree programme at HSE or another Russian university. The courses cater to students with varying levels of Russian. and include:
- Russian as a Foreign Language course;
- General elective courses relevant to academic tracks in humanities, economics, engineering and technology. Before classes begin, students are required to take an entrance test. Students are then enrolled in a course according to their test result.
2. English Preparatory Programme in Economics. The programme is designed to prepare students for a degree-level study in the field of Economics in English. The course curriculum is divided in 2 semesters and combines English language training and subject-specific modules.
The maximum class size for the Russian and English language class is 12 students. Depending on the course, the subject-specific disciplines are held as workshops/lectures (in Russian or English) in groups of 15-20 students.
After completing a chosen preparatory programme, students take exams as will be required by their study plan. Students, who pass the exams successfully, will receive a certificate of completion of a chosen preparatory programme. Successfull graduates of HSE Preparatory Basic course and English Preparatory Programme in Economics are eligible for a 25% scholarship on further tuition-paid programmes.
How to apply:
1. Choose the Course (1, 2, 3 semesters, English Preparatory Programme in Economics)
2. Apply Online. (You wil be required to upload scans of your passport, photograph and diploma/degree.)
Applications are processed on a rolling basis and can be submitted at any time. Regular application deadlines:
Basic course - July 31
Intensive course - October 31
Extended course - October 31
English Preparatory Programme in Economics - August 31st
3. Undergo Competitive Selection - Your application will be reviewed for eligibility and entry requirements within 2 weeks. All applicants will be asked to complete online assessment in the Russian and English language and Mathematics. The outcome of these tests will be used for admission decisions.
4. Get an Invitation and apply for a Student Visa (complete Visa_info questionnary . Please note: Visa invitations can be requested only 90 days prior to the beginning of the programme)
Cost of Attendance:
Basic course - 174 000 RUB
Intensive course - 96 400 RUB
Extended course - 270000 RUB
English Preparatory Programme in Economics - 250000 RUB
Costs reflect the 2019-20 academic year. The fees are payable at the time of enrolment in Russian rubles in full (100%). No instalments or deferred payments.
All international students enrolled in the HSE International Preparatory Programmes are guaranteed a place in one of the HSE student dormitories.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.