How to Apply
Study for free
Students who receive Russian government scholarships can study in the basic preparatory programme for free if they do not know Russian language well enough to enrol in a Russian-taught full-degree programme. It is possible to apply for full-tuition scholarships only through their local Rossotrudnichestvo branch. You can find more information here.
Enrol in fee-paying programmes
International students may also apply to enrol in the following fee-paying preparatory programmes.
1. HSE International Preparatory Programmes in Russian. The programmes are designed for international students who are planning to enter a Russian-taught full-degree programme at HSE or another Russian university. The courses cater to students with varying levels of Russian. and include:
- Russian as a Foreign Language course;
- General elective courses relevant to academic tracks in humanities, economics, engineering and technology. Before classes begin, students are required to take an entrance test. Students are then enrolled in a course according to their test result.
2. English Preparatory Programme in Economics. The programme is designed to prepare students for a degree-level study in the field of Economics in English. The course curriculum is divided in 2 semesters and combines English language training and subject-specific modules.
After completing a chosen preparatory programme, students take exams as will be required by their study plan. Students, who pass the exams successfully, will receive a certificate of completion of a chosen preparatory programme. Successfull graduates of HSE Preparatory Basic course and English Preparatory Programme in Economics are eligible for a 50% discount on further tuition-paid programmes.
How to apply:
1. Choose the Course (1, 2 semesters, English Preparatory Programme in Economics)
2. Apply Online. (You wil be required to upload scans of your passport, photograph and diploma/degree.)
3. Undergo Competitive Selection. Your application will be reviewed for eligibility and entry requirements within 2 weeks.
4. Get an Invitation and apply for a Student Visa. Visa invitations can be requested only 90 days prior to the beginning of the programme)
All international students enrolled in the HSE International Preparatory Programmes are guaranteed a place in one of the HSE student dormitories.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.